Kwinana Residue Storage Facility H Lake Conversion
KAEFER was engaged by Alcoa to undertake various civil, fabrication, structural, mechanical, piping, electrical & instrumentation services as part of the H Lake Conversion Project.
- Management and delivery from ECI through to design, construction and handover including commissioning.
- Management of civil and concrete works (excavation and detailed earthworks), including installation of footings for STOF tank and bunding around tank & pumps, along with supply & installation of boxed culverts for pipework under roads. Civil Design was completed by Client.
- SMP detailed design including MTO (with nominated engineer) for tank & pump station.
- Supply and install 12m-high tank and pump station, including modifications to existing pipelines and services. This included approx. 1.6km of piping installation and 1km of 500NB piping for the feed line. This also included supply & installation of new super thickener overflow (STOF) pipeline and new STOF tank and associated pipework, supply & installation of steel platforms & access platforms and supply & installation of valves.
- Management of EIC scope (supply & install), including removal of redundant cabling. Installation for EIC included the starter module, motor protection relays, termination lugs, glands, junction boxes, PLC cabinet, fibre optic cabling, mag flow, control valve, float switches, level transmitters, cable trays, conduits and instrument distribution board. Additional scope included supply and installation of power and control cables, supply & installation of area lighting and earthing.
- Testing & commissioning.
Further Case Studies
Alcan Gove MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded the contract to provide ongoing maintenance services at the Site.
Cataby Minesite Tails StackersKAEFER was engaged to supply two tails stackers.
Cooper Basin MaintenanceKAEFER is engaged to provide multidisciplinary maintenance services at the client’s Cooper Basin assets in South Australia.
Coorow Horizontals RefurbishmentKAEFER was engaged by to undertake sealing works at the Storage Facility.
Dampier High Hang-up Overhead ProtectionThe project comprised the design, supply and installation of overhead protection from falling high hang up product.
Darwin LNG Dolphins RemediationKAEFER was engaged for remediation works to structural steel on berthing and mooring dolphins.
Darwin LNG MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded a multidisciplinary maintenance contract at the facility.
Esso Australia MaintenanceKAEFER was engaged for maintenance, campaign maintenance and shutdown services at offshore and onshore assets.
Geraldton Port – Berth 5 Shiploader Access StairwayKAEFER was engaged to undertake the replacement of the access stairway for the Berth 5 Shiploader.
Geraldton Port Maintenance WorksKAEFER was engaged for various structural integrity and maintenance works at the Geraldton Port.