KAEFER provides a Pre-Insulation process that offers compelling benefits over conventional hand applied and other insulation methods.
KAEFER has invested heavily in research and development to refine a mechanised process that results in a high-quality overall solution that can be completed anywhere, on-time and at a competitive cost.
The Pre-Insulation process is based around modular plant and facilities that can be mobilised around the globe to efficiently insulate the pipes at a more convenient location before they are installed on-site. The insulation that is applied within the plant is comprised of several layers of polyurethane foam covered by a tough outer composite shell.
Along with fulfilling the primary insulating functions, the Pre-Insulated pipe is also mechanically very robust and able to cope with the rigours of construction, followed by a long future of low-maintenance operation. This system has proven itself over the years in numerous installations.
- Provides a cost-effective solution
- Reduces working time onsite
- Predictable productivity
- Controlled conditions
- High-performance cryogenic insulation
- Robust, chemical-resistant, non-corrosive finish
- Low maintenance
- Resistant to mechanical damage
- Accommodates stresses and strains associated with thermal cycling
- High-quality insulation and finish applied in workshop-controlled conditions
- Cost and time savings – installation hours on-site reduced dramatically