Olympic Dam Feed Prep Area Filter Building Remediation
KAEFER was engaged by BHP to undertake a full structural refurbishment of the Feed Prep Area Filter Building, located in the Metallurgical Plant of Olympic Dam Mine.
The works included replacement of the wall cladding, replacement of the wall cladding support structure, replacement of the louvres and other itemised opportunistic structural repairs. KAEFER was responsible for procurement of steel channel, plate and fastenings, manufacture of fabrication packages and preparation and application of the protective coating system. The building was required to maintain full operations during works.
- Remediation of 116 structural defects
- Completion of 84 additional out of scope items
- Blast & paint of the structural steelwork and flooring, ground-up
- 480T internal and external scaffolding and encapsulation
- Replacement of the standard rolled steel cladding support girts with enhanced 200 x 70 PFC cladding support, complete with trusses and sag supports
- Replacement of Colorbond cladding with Ampelite Wonderglas cladding on all 4 elevations
- KAEFER utilised a fully-engineered mono rail and hoist system on all four elevations of the building to enable our teams to access work fronts and undertake removal and replacement of the support system and cladding. This access system negated the need for cranage and elevated work platforms for our teams to access work areas.
- Replacement of 475m² of chequer plate flooring on Levels 1 and 2
- Civil replacement of bund wall
- Civil remediation of 17 structural steel column bases
Further Case Studies
Alcan Gove MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded the contract to provide ongoing maintenance services at the Site.
Cataby Minesite Tails StackersKAEFER was engaged to supply two tails stackers.
Cooper Basin MaintenanceKAEFER is engaged to provide multidisciplinary maintenance services at the client’s Cooper Basin assets in South Australia.
Coorow Horizontals RefurbishmentKAEFER was engaged by to undertake sealing works at the Storage Facility.
Dampier High Hang-up Overhead ProtectionThe project comprised the design, supply and installation of overhead protection from falling high hang up product.
Darwin LNG Dolphins RemediationKAEFER was engaged for remediation works to structural steel on berthing and mooring dolphins.
Darwin LNG MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded a multidisciplinary maintenance contract at the facility.
Esso Australia MaintenanceKAEFER was engaged for maintenance, campaign maintenance and shutdown services at offshore and onshore assets.
Geraldton Port – Berth 5 Shiploader Access StairwayKAEFER was engaged to undertake the replacement of the access stairway for the Berth 5 Shiploader.
Geraldton Port Maintenance WorksKAEFER was engaged for various structural integrity and maintenance works at the Geraldton Port.