Moomba HRSG Mechanical Works
Santos engaged KAEFER for the construction of the Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) at their Moomba Downstream facilities.
The intent of the HRSG is to reduce the use of flue gas for steam production.
- Installation of combustion air package
- Installation of remaining HRSG package, which had been partially completed by others
- Installation of downcomers, steam drum, combustion air system, ducting, bypass stack system and platforms
- Installation of Pipe Bridge steelwork and associated pipe supports
- Installation of HRSG prefabricated piping, manual valves and instrumentation
- Installation of blowndown vessel, pump, platform and piping
- Installation (including field fit welding) of tie-in piping to the existing Moomba plant
All work was completed in an operational environment and in accordance with ASME B31.3 and Santos Engineering Standards.
Further Case Studies
Alcan Gove MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded the contract to provide ongoing maintenance services at the Site.
Cataby Minesite Tails StackersKAEFER was engaged to supply two tails stackers.
Cooper Basin MaintenanceKAEFER is engaged to provide multidisciplinary maintenance services at the client’s Cooper Basin assets in South Australia.
Coorow Horizontals RefurbishmentKAEFER was engaged by to undertake sealing works at the Storage Facility.
Dampier High Hang-up Overhead ProtectionThe project comprised the design, supply and installation of overhead protection from falling high hang up product.
Darwin LNG Dolphins RemediationKAEFER was engaged for remediation works to structural steel on berthing and mooring dolphins.
Darwin LNG MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded a multidisciplinary maintenance contract at the facility.
Esso Australia MaintenanceKAEFER was engaged for maintenance, campaign maintenance and shutdown services at offshore and onshore assets.
Geraldton Port – Berth 5 Shiploader Access StairwayKAEFER was engaged to undertake the replacement of the access stairway for the Berth 5 Shiploader.
Geraldton Port Maintenance WorksKAEFER was engaged for various structural integrity and maintenance works at the Geraldton Port.