West Pilbara Structural Integrity Remediation
KAEFER is engaged to undertake structural integrity remediation works at the client’s West Pilbara sites.
- Abrasive blasting, surface preparation and application of protective coatings (including encapsulation) and subsequent inspection and testing
- Hazardous protective coating removal
- Steelwork remediation including welding and replacement of fasteners, bolts, checker plate, floor grating, cover plates, shedder plates, deflector plates and structural steel
- Concrete and grout replacement and repairs
- Non-destructive testing
These services are being performed on assets including crushers (primary and secondary), transfer towers, conveyors, tunnels, screening plants, train load outs, reclaimer structures and dust collectors.
Project challenges include
- Working on an operational site with a large number of open work fronts
- Planning and integration with Operations
- Management of multiple work fronts
Further Case Studies
Alcan Gove MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded the contract to provide ongoing maintenance services at the Site.
Cataby Minesite Tails StackersKAEFER was engaged to supply two tails stackers.
Cooper Basin MaintenanceKAEFER is engaged to provide multidisciplinary maintenance services at the client’s Cooper Basin assets in South Australia.
Coorow Horizontals RefurbishmentKAEFER was engaged by to undertake sealing works at the Storage Facility.
Dampier High Hang-up Overhead ProtectionThe project comprised the design, supply and installation of overhead protection from falling high hang up product.
Darwin LNG Dolphins RemediationKAEFER was engaged for remediation works to structural steel on berthing and mooring dolphins.
Darwin LNG MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded a multidisciplinary maintenance contract at the facility.
Esso Australia MaintenanceKAEFER was engaged for maintenance, campaign maintenance and shutdown services at offshore and onshore assets.
Geraldton Port – Berth 5 Shiploader Access StairwayKAEFER was engaged to undertake the replacement of the access stairway for the Berth 5 Shiploader.
Geraldton Port Maintenance WorksKAEFER was engaged for various structural integrity and maintenance works at the Geraldton Port.