Olympic Dam Lasta 3 Filter Installation
KAEFER was engaged by BHP for installation of the Lasta 3 Filter into the existing Lasta Building at the Hydromet area of the Olympic Dam Mine.
- Early Contractor Involvement – Providing value through constructability and design reviews
- Detailed earthworks
- Concrete works including foundations and installation of pre-cast panels
- Supply and fabrication of structural and piping work
- Installation of steelwork including floor framing, FRP grating, handrails, kickplates, stairs and maintenance platform
- Deconstruction of existing roof and floor levels
- Installation of new roof structure
- Modifications to water wash, acid wash & filtrate tanks
- Tie-ins for instrument air, gland water, safety showers
- Installation of new concentrate leach filter and associated infrastructure including discharge hopper, concentrate leach conveyor, overhead monorail & hoist for maintenance, diaphragm squeeze water pump & GRP diaphragm squeeze water tank
- Modifications to existing equipment including concentrate leach thickener overflow pumps, neutral pulp transfer pumps, reflotation feed pumps
- Electrical & instrumentation works for all equipment including new LV switchroom, new transformers and tie-ins to existing HV system
Further Case Studies
Alcan Gove MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded the contract to provide ongoing maintenance services at the Site.
Cataby Minesite Tails StackersKAEFER was engaged to supply two tails stackers.
Cooper Basin MaintenanceKAEFER is engaged to provide multidisciplinary maintenance services at the client’s Cooper Basin assets in South Australia.
Coorow Horizontals RefurbishmentKAEFER was engaged by to undertake sealing works at the Storage Facility.
Dampier High Hang-up Overhead ProtectionThe project comprised the design, supply and installation of overhead protection from falling high hang up product.
Darwin LNG Dolphins RemediationKAEFER was engaged for remediation works to structural steel on berthing and mooring dolphins.
Darwin LNG MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded a multidisciplinary maintenance contract at the facility.
Esso Australia MaintenanceKAEFER was engaged for maintenance, campaign maintenance and shutdown services at offshore and onshore assets.
Geraldton Port – Berth 5 Shiploader Access StairwayKAEFER was engaged to undertake the replacement of the access stairway for the Berth 5 Shiploader.
Geraldton Port Maintenance WorksKAEFER was engaged for various structural integrity and maintenance works at the Geraldton Port.