Olympic Dam Clarifier No. 2 Refurbishment
KAEFER was engaged by BHP for works associated with the major refurbishment of Clarifier No. 2 at the Olympic Dam Mine site.
- Early Contractor Involvement – Providing value through constructability and design reviews
- Removal of existing and installation of new slimes feed line including new pipework, valves and supports
- Removal of existing clarifier components (including retention of nominated equipment for re-installation), existing bedding material and wall lining
- Supply and erection of ring-lock scaffolding system to support the works
- Civil works including concrete remediation to tunnel, central chamber and perimeter ring beam as well as installation of new leak detection spoon drain
- Installation and welding of steel floor support to tank wall
- Coating and rubber lining of tank wall
- Backfill of bedding material
- Installation of floor liner & leak detection system and sand layer to tank floor
- Installation of steel floor over sand layer including rubber lining
- Installation of launder
- Installation of rake mechanism (including electrical cabling to existing motor control centre)
- Electrical & instrumentation works including small power & lighting upgrade and installation of instrumentation cabling
- Painting of tank exterior
- Construction management of overflow tank replacement, including deconstruction of existing tank and installation of new FRP tank
Further Case Studies
Alcan Gove MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded the contract to provide ongoing maintenance services at the Site.
Cataby Minesite Tails StackersKAEFER was engaged to supply two tails stackers.
Cooper Basin MaintenanceKAEFER is engaged to provide multidisciplinary maintenance services at the client’s Cooper Basin assets in South Australia.
Coorow Horizontals RefurbishmentKAEFER was engaged by to undertake sealing works at the Storage Facility.
Dampier High Hang-up Overhead ProtectionThe project comprised the design, supply and installation of overhead protection from falling high hang up product.
Darwin LNG Dolphins RemediationKAEFER was engaged for remediation works to structural steel on berthing and mooring dolphins.
Darwin LNG MaintenanceKAEFER was awarded a multidisciplinary maintenance contract at the facility.
Esso Australia MaintenanceKAEFER was engaged for maintenance, campaign maintenance and shutdown services at offshore and onshore assets.
Geraldton Port – Berth 5 Shiploader Access StairwayKAEFER was engaged to undertake the replacement of the access stairway for the Berth 5 Shiploader.
Geraldton Port Maintenance WorksKAEFER was engaged for various structural integrity and maintenance works at the Geraldton Port.